The Living One
Updated: May 30
Bible Reading: Revelation 1:18
The Apostle John wrote the book of Revelation years after Jesus returned to heaven. In Revelation 1:18 John recorded these words of Jesus, “I am the Living One; I was dead, and
behold I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.”
Some people have a difficult time accepting it, but Jesus is alive!
* Yes, He was born over 2,000 years ago.
* Yes, He was executed on a cross although He’d committed no crime.
* Yes, His side was pierced by the spear of a soldier, to be certain that He was, in fact, dead.
* Yes, He was buried in a tomb, which was sealed with a huge boulder and guarded by soldiers.
* Yes, He did lie in that tomb for three days and three nights.
However, Jesus came to life again.
* When the tomb was opened, His body was gone.
* Hundreds of people saw Jesus walking, talking, and eating for a space of 40 days after His return to life.
* One man, Thomas, actually touched the nail marks and sword-pierced side of Jesus’ body.
* Hundreds of people witnessed Jesus leaving the earth and visibly ascending up into heaven.
Yes, Jesus was dead, but now Jesus is alive. Death couldn’t hold Him, and, if we let Jesus into our lives and into our hearts, death won’t be able to hold us either.
“But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep.” 1 Corinthians 15:20
Prayer: Heavenly Father, I believe Jesus is alive! I want Him to be the Savior of my soul and the Lord of my life. In Jesus’ name. Amen.